04 May 2013

International scrapbooking day: Scraplift yourself


Today scrapbooking is celebrated all over the world! Horray! Lucky for us non-US folks, some have already started the celebration so we can jump right in and start getting inspired and challenged.

I have already made my first layout, after a challenge from Shimelle about scraplifting yourself. You can find the post about this challenge here I chose one of my favorite layout from my personal album to scraplift. This was it.

Home again-layout



The elements I ended up lifting was the vertical paperstrip to the left, the big mat under the photo, the horizontal paperstrip up to the right and the placements of the embellishments. The new page looks likt this.

Every day-layout



Instead of the horizontal paper under the photo I now chose a vertical strip to the right and I put my journaling spot at the bottom left instead of the upper right since I had to move my title more to the right for it not to disapear into the bold paperstrip with the numbers and I also moved the upper embellishment away from the title since it looked better up there where it covered both the background paper and the two patterned papers.

This was really fun. I'm not much of a challenge person, but if the challenges is within my normal way of scrapbooking I like it.

This challenge really is the same Studio Calico has on it's blog .... so I will enter both with this layout, I just happened to not see the one at Studio Calico until after I already made the page.

Hopefully I will be able to squize in a little bit more scraptime today alongside driving Elias to a party, shopping, washing clothes and watching the world snooker championships on TV!

No comments: