28 February 2013

All me



I have an album where I put all my personal layouts. The one I have had for the two last years looks like this.


It holds a number of pages, but last year I made just ONE page for this album. I knew it wasn´t much, but that surprised me. The last days, though, I have made two new ones. They´re both kind of Christmas related.


My Christmas very much happened inside of me this time and I write about it here and tells that these two items really was the two I really cared about this Christmas, as it goes to decorations. The red star I had in my window in my room and the advent candlestick holder I was lucky enough to find, after having put it away so well that I couldn´t find it the Christmas before this one...

The heart and the tree is chipboard that I inked. The paper is an old one from Daisy Day, I´m quite sure...and the red cardstock I cut with my big scalloped scissors.


This tin box I got from Sarah and her family for Christmas, isn´t it very suiteble for me?!!
The page really is about how good Sarah is on finding me presents. It´s titled She knows me, because she really knows me, and also remembers things I´ve said long ago.

Since Sarah is a sewing person these two cards was so very appropriate for this layout. I love red but not pink, but the qoute about quilts was so very perfect so I just had to use it. But to tone down the pink (and the other card is red, not pink) I put the red polkadot on top of the photo and found this border (that really is a cutting from a 12x12 paper from Webster´s pages) to get some green in (green is always a good choice!!). Then I chose the thickers and the stickers to enforce the border. I was really pleased with it.

These two layouts really is very much me; red, green, off white and brown, I just love them!

No comments: