06 October 2011

Nicholas Sparks


I resently bought this book...


..when I really wanted something new to read. I had wanted to read his books for a while, since I so much like the two films made from his books that I´ve seen, Message in a bottle and Dear John.

So what did I think about it? Well, the story was good, the people easy to sympatice with, but still it didn´t touch my heart. I really don´t know why, but I guess it has something to do with his writing. But on the other hand many people like his books, so maybe it´s me, I don´t know.

Since I so much like the movie Dear John I really have wanted to read the book, so when I saw it at the bookstore yesterday I actually read the end of it there (shame on me!) and I´m glad I did, for the ending wasn´t as in the movie, that is happy and I want happy endings!! I guess the movie Message in a bottle is more true to the book since it ends bad too... But even if it does, the rest of the movie is so very good that I still like it. But I just couldn´t stand if Dear John had ended as in the book, those two people touched me such much that I´d be cruched if they didn´t end up together in the end!! The actors are so very good, they make your heart brake.





I´m quite sad that I didn´t like the book, since I really wanted to find something new to like, but not much to do about it. I will make a go for In Austenland by Shannon Hale next, I believe that will be in my tast.



No comments: